Terms and Conditions
Postage charges are variable depending on the size and weight of the items purchased with discounts if multiple items are ordered. We reserve the right to contact you and modify shipping costs if they will vary from those listed on the website. We do not currently ship to addresses outside the UK. We will endeavour to ship in 24 hours and aim to deliver within 7 working days with the exception of salon furniture in which case which we will contact you regarding delivery.
College Kit Delivery
College kits will be sent to the delivery address that is provided when the order is placed, (unless otherwise stated in the 'Kit Details' section on the order forms).
Where your kit is designated for delivery to your college on a specified date, if we receive your order less than 3 days prior to this date your kit will be delivered to your home address and a £5 carriage charge applied to your order.
We will endeavour to deliver your kit as soon as possible. In any event, your kit will be delivered no later than 7 days before the start of your course. (provided that we have received your order 14 days before the start of your course).
Please do not contact us about delivery of your kit before this time
We are happy to exchange a product within 7 days of purchase as long as the product has not been used.
In the unlikely event that your product is faulty, we will happily exchange it within 30 days, provided that you have notified us in writing within 7days of receipt of the goods.
All returned items should be sent insured via recorded delivery to Dennis Williams, 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty. We do not collect goods.
www.dennis-williams.co.uk advises you for your own protection to retain your proof of postage, as we cannot be held responsible for packages that are damaged or lost in transit. www.dennis-williams.co.uk requests that goods should be returned in their original sealed packaging where possible, with labels in-tact. Goods must be unused and in re-saleable condition. (This does not affect your statutory rights)
www.dennis-williams.co.uk is entitled to make a charge for damaged or missing items. This may affect the total amount credited to you.
The consumer protection (distance selling) regulations require that the consumer will provide written notice of a cancellation within 7 working days. The 7 working days start from the day after the day the consumer receives the goods. Goods do not have to be returned within this period for the consumer to secure a refund. A refund will be made within 30 days of cancellation, irrespective of whether goods have been returned at this stage. If goods have not been returned, the supplier www.dennis-williams.co.uk is entitled to make a charge to reflect the cost of collecting the goods from the consumer and deduct this from the refund. If the packaging is damaged or items are missing this may affect the total amount credited to you. www.dennis-williams.co.uk retains the right to levy a charge of 20% of the order value on cancelled orders to cover delivery and handling costs.
Once www.dennis-williams.co.uk receives notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to www.dennis-williams.co.uk credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
If you feel you have any cause to complain, contact us via one of the following methods. We will respond to all queries and complaints within 1 working day. Contact us using the website contact form and advise us of the details or you can contact by writing to:-
Dennis Williams Ltd, 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW
These terms and conditions help to keep www.dennis-williams.co.uk website a safe place to trade and set out an agreement reached between you and www.dennis-williams.co.uk in connection with this site.
www.dennis-williams.co.uk is a trading style of Dennis Williams Ltd. You should understand that by placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions;
- 1. The owner of this web site is Dennis Williams Ltd. whose address is 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW.
- 2. Your contract for purchases made through this web site is with Dennis Williams Ltd
- 3. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
4.All prices on the website are an invitation to trade. No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and Dennis Williams Ltd. until Dennis Williams Ltd. accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your goods.
That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Dennis Williams Ltd. sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Dennis Williams Ltd. of your offer to buy goods from Dennis Williams Ltd. or a 3rd party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Dennis Williams Ltd.
- 5. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
- 6. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- 7. Dennis Williams Ltd. will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party.
8. You undertake that all details you provide to Dennis Williams Ltd. for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered. If you supply incorrect or inaccurate address details and your order is returned to us as a result of this, a charge will be made for re-delivery.
If we have attempted to deliver your goods via Royal Mail Recorded or Special delivery and the goods are returned to us as you failed to pick up the goods within the time limits imposed by the post office, we will treat this as a cancelled order and we will make a charge not exceeding £10.00 to cover our costs in sending these goods out to you. You will also be charged postage at our current tariff if you require the goods to be re-delivered.
We regret that we cannot be held responsible if the post office has failed to notify you of an attempted delivery. You will need to take this up with the local sorting office.
In the unlikely event that your goods have been lost in transit, we are unable to refund or resend goods until our enquires have been completed. This can take up to 7 working days as a trace will need to be issued to track your goods. In most circumstances this will be resolved sooner.
- 9. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Dennis Williams Ltd. as soon as possible.
- 10. Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. In the unlikely event that your product is faulty, we will happily exchange your product within 30 days, provided that you have notified us in writing within 7days of receipt of the goods.
All returned items should be sent insured via recorded delivery to Dennis Williams Ltd, 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty. We do not collect goods. Your costs will be reimbursed to you once we have inspected the goods.
Dennis Williams Ltd. advise you for your own protection to retain your proof of postage as we cannot be held responsible for packages which are damaged or lost in transit. Dennis Williams Ltd. requests that goods should be returned in their original sealed packaging where possible and in re-saleable condition. (This does not affect your statutory rights)
Dennis Williams Ltd. is entitled to make a charge for damaged or missing items this may effect the total amount credited to you.
- 12. Once Dennis Williams Ltd. receives notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to Dennis Williams Ltd. from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
- 13. Dennis Williams Ltd. attempt to ensure that the information available on the website at any time is truthful and accurate. However, Dennis Williams Ltd. assumes no duty to update such information and cannot guarantee that it will be correct.
- 14. Dennis Williams Ltd. does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- 15. Dennis Williams Ltd. will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- 16. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Dennis Williams Ltd. shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify Dennis Williams Ltd. of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 7 working days of delivery of the goods. Nothing in this clause affects your Statutory Rights.
- 17. Dennis Williams Ltd. does not accept liability:
- For losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was made.
- For losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of Dennis Williams Ltd.
- For business losses and/or losses to non-consumers.
- For goods delivered to Work/Alternative addresses given by the cardholder.
Processing of orders
- 18. Credit and Debit cards are debited before items are shipped by Dennis Williams Ltd. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
- 19. Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in the United Kingdom. UK law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from this web site.
- 20. Dennis Williams Ltd. aims to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 24 hours of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock.
- 21. We will endeavour to dispatch your order within 24 hours. However please allow 7 days for delivery as we will not deal with any delivery enquiries before this time has elapsed.
- 22. If you feel you have any cause to complain, contact us via one of the following methods. We will respond to all queries and complaints within 1 working day. Contact us using the website contact form and advise us of the details. Telephone us on: (01274) 675636 or Write to us at to Dennis Williams Ltd, 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW
- We pledge to:
- Acknowledge all complaints within 1 working day.
- Advise our consumers how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
- Keep the consumer informed throughout the process.
- 23. Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Dennis Williams Ltd. has received payment in full for that product.
- 24. If your delivery address is outside of United Kingdom you maybe subject to import duties and taxes, which are, levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Dennis Williams Ltd. advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- 25. You agree that as the importer of any goods ordered you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving goods.
- 26. Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipment are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- 27. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law without exception. Dennis Williams Ltd. tracks each order placed www.dennis-williams.co.uk to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website. Every order is checked with the card issuer to ensure the details you have supplied match with those on the card issuers database.
- 28. Dennis Williams Ltd. may amend these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on the website. All purchases from the date of posting onwards will be governed by that new version.
- 29. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
- 30. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of England & Wales.
We accept: Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Maestro, Solo, Visa Electron
- Dennis Williams Limited
- Registered in England & Wales under Registered Number 00559042.
- Registered Office Address - 9 Kingsmark, Freeway Euroway Trading Estate (west), Oakenshaw, Bradford, BD12 7HW.